Clothes and protection
- Shell clothing - A Gore-tex top and bottom will be the most weather proof. Make sure it fits with all the possible layers under it. There are other options to Gore-tex that work fine. The top should have a comfortable protective hood.
- Climbing Pants - Schoeller or nylon
- Winstopper jacket (softshell is fine)
- Inner layers :
- Short sleeve shirt (synthetic).
- Fleece or Synthetic Fill Jacket for the mornings and the evenings on the terraces.
- Light Gloves - leather palms best for all
- Sun Hat - Baseball cap style is fine
- Sunglasses - Cat. 3 sport glasses fine for most things.
- Headlamp - spare batteries. Recommendation: Petzl Tikka Plus.
- Sunscreen and Lipscreen, small bottles
- Camera - small and light. We find when we bring along our small and light camera, we take more pictures.
- Passport or identity card
- Pocket knife
- Money in euros
- First-aid Kit (small) - blister kit and ibu
- Food - Sandwiches, bars, and salty snacks - can easily by here - if you have specific favorites, bring from home.
- Water - One to two liters, soda bottles lightest option.
- Sandal shoes
- Hand cream or balsam
- Bathing costume and bath towel.
- Ear plugs, sleeping bag liner (optional).
Personal technical gear :
- Approach shoes, rock shoes. Medium weight, mountain boot designed with rock climbing in mind.
- Helmet - Light but durable. Recommendation: Petzl Elios
- Pack - 30-40 Liters
- Walking Pole - One three section useful on some prep climbs, but optional.
- Magnesia bag with reserve magnesia
- 1 rock climbing shoes
- 1-2 single & double slings
- 2 locking biners
- 1 belay device, grigri (optional)
- 1 belay device tube or 8
- 7 express slings
- 1 rap prussik (1m in 6mm)
- 1 thin rope (5m in 6mm)
- 1 rap. sling
Group gear taken by the mountain guide :
- First-aid kit
- Security gear
Any of these items can be purchased locally and the technical gear, can be rented. Another option if you are having trouble finding items in the US or want to get a better price, you can order from the web site www.cham3s.com.
Please let us know if you have any questions about equipment; for example, if you have something that you think will work, but are not sure.